Moving to Carlow Guide:
Carlow, also known as the four lakes, is Ireland’s smallest inland county. It’s located on the river Barrow and is home to 20,000 people. A town that’s easily navigable by foot, it offers an attractive blend of scenery, history and modern attractions. Against a beautiful landscape, with the Blackstairs Mountains to the east and the Killeshin Hills to the west, Carlow has everything to offer to young and old. It’s a great place to live with an extensive range of property for sale or rent and lots of amenities in the town and surrounding areas.
Shopping & Dining
Carlow Town provides a vibrant shopping experience. Fashion boutiques, high-street apparel chains, and more are all in walking distance of the town centre, and in the Fairgreen Shopping Centre just off Barrack Street. Carlow is home to all the major supermarkets, and numerous food stores catering to international tastes. The Town is also home to a wide range of dining options, including family-run cafés, fast-food, casual dining, a variety of mixed cuisine and award-winning restaurants.
Sports & Recreation
There is a wide range of quality clubs in Carlow, from mainstream GAA, soccer and rugby to minority clubs including martial arts, rowing and archery. There is also a range of community groups that organise physical activity sessions, including active retirement associations, and family resource centres. Carlow has numerous local amenities including cinemas, the Visual Art Centre, a sports stadium, a public library and of course great pubs, to name but a few.
Education and Living
There is an excellent choice of educational facilities in Carlow. A selection of creches, primary and secondary schools, and colleges are available, including Carlow IT and Carlow College. The Town is well-served with a variety of churches of many differing traditions. All the major financial institutions and the Credit Union have branches located in the Town.
Carlow is located only 80km from Dublin and is served by the M9 motorway to Waterford/Dublin (via M7), and several secondary roads. The Town is extremely accessible by public transport with regular trains and buses, including direct routes to Dublin Airport.
FOOD & DRINK
- Brooks Café Bistro Phone +353 (0)59 9133111 Email email@example.com Website www.dinnri.com
- Lemongrass Restaurant Phone +353 (0)59 9139392 Email firstname.lastname@example.org Website http://www.lemongrass.ie/
- Lennon’s @ VISUAL Phone +353 (0)59 9179245 Email email@example.com Website www.lennons.ie
- Liberty Tree Restaurant Phone +353 (0)59 9153000 Email firstname.lastname@example.org Website www.talbotcarlow.ie
- Lotus Chinese Restaurant Phone +353 (0)59 9131986 Website www.lotuscarlow.com
- Reddy’s Bar & Restaurant Phone +353 (0)59 9142224 Email email@example.com Website www.reddyscarlow.ie
- T.D. Molloy’s Restaurant Phone +353 (0)59 9131308 Email firstname.lastname@example.org Website www.sevenoakshotel.com
- Teach Dolmain Bar, Tullow St Carlow Phone +353 (0)59 9130911
- The Curry Garden Indian Restaurant Phone +353 (0)59 9133422 Mobile +353 (0)87 9360991 Email email@example.com
- Weeping Thaiger Restaurant Phone +353 (0)59 9137000 Email firstname.lastname@example.org Website www.weepingthaiger.ie
- Tully’s Bar Tullow St, Carlow, Phone +353 (0)59 9131862
- Dinn Ri (The Foundry), Tullow St, Carlow, Phone +353 (0)59 9133111 Website www.dinnri.com
- The Med Bar, Tullow St, Carlow, Phone Number: 050341186
- Scraggs Alley, Tullow St, Carlow, Phone Number: 050342233
- Leverett And Fryes, Dublin St, Carlow, Phone Number: 0599143156
- O’Loughlin’s Bar, Dublin St, Carlow, Phone Number: +353 (059)9132205
- Ewings Bar and Guesthouse, Haymarket, Carlow, Phone Number: +353 (059)9131138
- The Barracks, Tullow St, Carlow, Phone Number: (059) 914 1781
OUTSIDE CARLOW TOWN
- The Lord Bagnel Bar and Bistro Phone +353 (0)59 9774000 Email email@example.com Website www.lordbagenal.com
- Sha-Roe Bistro, Main St Clonegal, Co. Carlow Phone +353 (0)53 9375636 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toughers Bar & Family Restaurant Phone +353 (0)59 9138010 Email email@example.com Website www.toughersrestaurantcarlow.com
- Cellar Restaurant and Bar 1808 Phone +353 (0)59 9773209 Email firstname.lastname@example.org Website www.stephousehotel.ie
- Clashganny House Restaurant Phone +353 (0)59 9771003 Email email@example.com Website www.clashgannyhouse.com
- Frederick’s Restaurant Phone +353 (0)59 9180100 Email firstname.lastname@example.org Website www.mountwolseley.ie
- Rachel’s Garden Café Phone +353 (0)59 9721558 Email email@example.com Website www.arboretum.ie