Carlow, also known as the four lakes, is Ireland’s smallest inland county. It’s located on the river Barrow and is home to 20,000 people. A town that’s easily navigable by foot, it offers an attractive blend of scenery, history and modern attractions. Against a beautiful landscape, with the Blackstairs Mountains to the east and the Killeshin Hills to the west, Carlow has everything to offer to young and old. It’s a great place to live with an extensive range of property for sale or rent and lots of amenities in the town and surrounding areas.
Shopping & Dining
Carlow Town provides a vibrant shopping experience. Fashion boutiques, high-street apparel chains, and more are all in walking distance of the town centre, and in the Fairgreen Shopping Centre just off Barrack Street. It is home to all the major supermarkets, and numerous food stores catering to international tastes. The Town is also home to a wide range of dining options, including family-run cafés, fast-food, casual dining, a variety of mixed cuisine and award-winning restaurants.
Sports & Recreation
There is a wide range of quality clubs in Carlow, from mainstream GAA, soccer and rugby to minority clubs including martial arts, rowing and archery. There is also a range of community groups that organise physical activity sessions, including active retirement associations, and family resource centres. Carlow has numerous local amenities including cinemas, the Visual Art Centre, a sports stadium, a public library and of course great pubs, to name but a few.
Education and Living
There is an excellent choice of educational facilities in Carlow. A selection of creches, primary and secondary schools, and colleges are available, including Carlow IT and Carlow College. The Town is well-served with a variety of churches of many differing traditions. All the major financial institutions and the Credit Union have branches located in the Town.
Carlow is located only 80km from Dublin and is served by the M9 motorway to Waterford/Dublin (via M7), and several secondary roads. The Town is extremely accessible by public transport with regular trains and buses, including direct routes to Dublin Airport.
FOOD & DRINK
- Brooks Café Bistro Phone: +353 (0)59 913 3111 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Caffé 500 Phone: +353 (0)59 914 2554
- Lemongrass Restaurant Phone +353 (0)59 9139392 Email email@example.com
- Lennon’s @ VISUAL Phone +353 (0)59 9179245 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liberty Tree Restaurant Phone +353 (0)59 9153000 Email email@example.com
- Lotus Chinese Restaurant Phone +353 (0)59 9131986
- Mimosa Bar de Tapas Phone +353 (0)59 917 0888
- Reddy’s Bar & Restaurant Phone +353 (0)59 9142224 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- T.D. Molloy’s Restaurant Phone +353 (0)59 9131308 Email email@example.com
- Teach Dolmain Bar Tullow St Carlow Phone +353 (0)59 9130911
- The Curry Garden Indian Restaurant Phone +353 (0)59 9133422 Mobile +353 (0)87 9360991 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weeping Thaiger Restaurant Phone +353 (0)59 9137000 Email email@example.com
- Tully’s Bar, Tullow Street Phone +353 (0)59 9131862
- Dinn Ri (The Foundry), Tullow St, Carlow, Phone +353 (0)59 9133111
- Scraggs Alley, Tullow St, Carlow, Phone Number: 050342233
- Tullow Gate, Wetherspoons Phone: +353 59 914 2432
- Leverett And Fryes, Dublin Street Phone Number: 0599143156
- O’Loughlin’s Bar, Dublin St Phone Number: +353 (059)9132205
- Ewings Bar and Guesthouse, Haymarket Phone Number: +353 (059)9131138
- The Barracks, Tullow St, Phone Number: (059) 914 1781
- The Big Blue Barn Phone: +353 (0)59 913 1222
- Delta Sensory Gardens Phone: +353 (0)59 914 3527
- Dome Entertainment Centre Phone: +353 (0)59 916 4311
- G2 Adventure Centre (The Grid) Phone: +353 (0)59 914 3642
- Rancho Reilly Pet Farm Phone: +353 (0)87 770 1181
- Rathwood Phone: +353 (0)59 915 6285
OUTSIDE CARLOW TOWN
- The Lord Bagnel Bar and Bistro Phone +353 (0)59 9774000 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sha-Roe Bistro, Main St Clonegal Phone +353 (0)53 9375636 Email email@example.com
- Toughers Bar & Family Restaurant Phone +353 (0)59 9138010 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cellar Restaurant and Bar 1808 Phone +353 (0)59 9773209 Email email@example.com